Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

Apple & Cheese Doggy Treats


Thank you Rossi mummy for sharing the recipe with me.

I think the type of flour really change the texture of the treats. I couldn't get wheat flour at my cold storage, so had to use what I have -- unbleached all purpose flour.

Plus I think the water content from the applesauce was so much that the treats were not able to dry out completely. (I followed the amount of flour exactly on the recipe).Good for doggies who have few / weak teeth because it's soft and chewy. 

I piped it into braids instead of adding more flour to roll it out and sent it into the oven to bake. The dark circles you see on the 2nd pic are actually cheddar cheese which melted during baking. This is one doggy treat which drove Ash crazy from the smell.

Ash is very food motivated, I realised. When he was getting his nails + pawpad fur clipped, he struggled a lot. But once I threw these to him, he stopped his struggling and started to focus on his chewing. HAHA! 

But I'm so happy because his paw-pads are now clean, nails short, and the fur in between his paw-pads are trimmed nicely. :) Thank you Wizard of Paws!

2 comments:

  1. you're welcome..:)

    Woww..lovely treats you ve there. By looking, Im already tempted to eat them! :p,, of cos Ash will go crazy over these wonderful treats.

    Oh the cheddar cheese part, ya, I get these dark circles too during baking.

    The braids are so creative and beautifully done. I can never do something so nice. I need the help of cookie cutters. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually the braids are easy to make! I'll get my bf to help me take process shots next time.

    For me I cannot handle cookie cutters, always out of shape one!

    Initially I piped single strips, but a bit boring leh. So I tried making small strips that inter-cross each other. voila! Braids!

    But I realised if I do it in a zigzag pattern it's neater. The above pictures are the zigzagged ones. But have to use those icing nozzle which looks like these:

    http://www.cake-stuff.com/12-piping-tube-plain-round-p-578.html?zenid=363c86009bd0174f0ebe25dde370ec91

    ReplyDelete